NanoScience Technology Center Affiliated Faculty - Rights, Responsibilities & Benefits
The NanoScience Technology Center was created in 2005 and has pursued a mandate to create a multidisciplinary center of excellence to solve problems of regional, state, and national significance. We seek to position the University of Central Florida as an international leader in nanoscience technology by acquiring new knowledge, educating students, creating new breakthroughs in this rapidly evolving field and in the process establish and nurture industry and research organization partnerships. This is based on one of the five major objectives of the University of Central Florida: to be the leading Partnership University in the nation in the 21st century.
One of the strengths of the NSTC is the collaboration we have enjoyed with faculty from many different disciplines. Therefore, we invite UCF faculty who have research accomplishments in nanoscience and technology to consider joining the NSTC as a joint secondary appointee or affiliated faculty. Joint appointees have a number of benefits including the following:
- You will be listed as a joint member on the NSTC web site and other advertising and student recruiting materials.
- You will have access to NSTC equipment and facilities (as described on our web site at www.nanoscience.ucf.edu).
- You can co-supervise NSTC Fellows along with a tenure or tenure-track NSTC faculty member.
- You will be invited to participate in NSTC seminars, social events, industrial partner meetings, workshops, etc.
- You can nominate invited speakers for our NSTC sponsored seminar series.
Your responsibilities as a joint faculty member are to attend NSTC faculty meetings and include your affiliation with NSTC on your publications and presentations. Joint appointments are made with the approval of the Provost.
Affiliated faculty have many of the same rights as joint appointees, however the process is less formal and only requires approval by the NSTC Director. If you would like more information regarding joint appointments or faculty affiliation with the NSTC, please contact Dr. Lei Zhai.